Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Still another session



Had an opportunity to paint for several hours on this painting this afternoon. I worked mostly on the flower in the upper right corner, and still more"lost in a rose", the center of the large rose. I am trying to define the shape of the petal and then to blend and model within the petal. I had to make quite a few changes to the outside of the smaller rose. Also many changes within the center of the larger rose. Sounds like same old, same old, but that is the nuts and bolts of painting. Always going over the same old ground until it is refined to one's liking. Sometimes you lose it, other times it gets better. I may have had some of both today.

I am getting anxious to apply the first layer of gel, which will bring many of the values together and make it a more cohesive painting. It will have at least three layers of gel and then a final coat of spray varnish for protection.

No comments: