Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Second Day of Painting



This is the result of the second day of painting. As you can see I decided to make the bud facing downward. I was not able to cover the entire canvas, as I usually do as I ran out of light and energy. It is a rather large canvas, so just a bit more than I had time. I am also using a new acrylic paint for me Atelier Interactive Artists' Acrylic. I saw a real deal for it at ASW, got two sets of paint and a lot of brushes for around $40. It sold out quickly and I had to wait about a month for a second shipment, but so far I really like them.

The literature that came with it indicates that the paint does not dry with a skin, but works with the artists. It takes 10-15 minutes to dry. It does have to be kept re hydrated by spraying with water, if you want to blend and rework and area. I did find that it was easier to get the edges that I wanted and by spraying I could also get blending, which has been difficult with other brands of paint. I usually use Golden, but recently switched to Old Holland, as I like the consistency better, and also the skin that is formed.

I will let you know what happens on the third day of painting. Which will be wet over dry. I do know that the surface looks different than with other paints. There has been little to no color change. Which is good.

No comments: