Monday, January 7, 2008

First day of painting


This is the finish of the first day. As you can see the canvas is large 30X32 I believe. I chose to paint some tone of green for the background leaves so that I could see the positive spaces left. I decided that I did not like the change that I made from the photo. In the photo the bud is upsidedown. I turned it up, but decided that I will name the painting "YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW" The bud beinging tomorrow. And since it was growing down, I decided that that made me think more about what tomorrow will hold. The large shape will be today and the midium flower will be yesterday. This painting is for the WCA Celebration of Love show in February. My idea is to plan it after the 3 stone diamond rings that DeBeers advertise for love. We will see. More tomorrow when I paint the second day.

No comments: