Saturday, December 29, 2007

Roses for a Painting

These pictures will be used to create yet another picture for a show the end of January in Sarasota. As I proceed with the painting I will post other photos that I might use and show you were I am at each stage of the painting. This picture and the one below I took at Disney last year at the Christmas show. Our family met there for the opening show of Mickey and his gang for the lighting of the tree. Disney is one of the great places to photograph flowers as they have special gardens and gardeners. It is one of my favorite places for flowers and this year I hope to get to their annual flower show.
I believe that I will use the composition of the yellow roses and incorporate the pink rose for the large rose. Which in the first picture is yellow and pink. At this point I see the bud staying the same colors and the yellow rose in the background probably staying yellow, but who knows
This is a photo of a photo that I saw in the window of a gallery in Taos, NM I liked the idea of the large rose and the placement on the canvas. The quality is not good, but gives one an inspiration for another painting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: