Friday, January 11, 2008

Online Information for Atelier Interactive Acrylic

Not much painting today, but did find a great website for Atelier Interactive Acrylic paint, This is a great source for information on the newest acrylic paint. I am having a great time with the starter set and it is accomplishing the type of edges and the glow that I had envisioned. I have used Golden and Old Holland, and in both have felt that I was always fighting the medium. Here I feel that the paint, the brush and me are one, a great feeling. This is the first time that I can remember that I felt in control of almost all aspects of the painting.

This is a large painting, so must be done in various sittings. I will post another day's painting tomorrow, as I was able to work for about a half an hour today and will photographic tomorrow.

Also went to an opening today at the Venice Art Center and saw a new way to display paintings. The artist has taken one of the digital photo frames and was showing a painting slide by slide as it was painted. I think that I will try to do that with this painting when it is finished. It is amazing the things that happen to a painting on its way to a finished piece. A metamorphosis of sorts.

More tomorrow.

No comments: