Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 2 of Continental Divide


I forgot to mention that I will be painting this in water based oils. I sent to ASW for a new brand from
Weber and I really have had good luck so far. They are very intense and so far the darks do not sink in
and remain vibrant.

This is the end of day two of painting. I was able to get the far range of the Continental Divide pretty much the value and drawing that I wanted. They are at least 10 miles away and some with the snow are probably up around 13,000 feet or more. I am viewing this from 9000 ft.

The valley below is the train that goes to the Moffat Tunnel to get to the Western Slope. My friend lives on the Eastern Slope in Rollinsville, Co and I am now in Nederland, Co for a portion of the year. The warm portion of the year.

In day two I was able to get to the next range of mountains, still very far away. The patterns made by the clouds on the land makes the scene change in sections. I do not think that it is ever the same when you look out from her kitchen and dinning area.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: