Monday, March 24, 2008

Pastel Oscar Scherer State Park, Fl.

I have been taking a course with Sally Christiansen from the Venice Art Center this spring for pastel plein aire painting. This is the first pastel that I have done in 40 years. I have to say that I am very please. I dragged out this great set of pastels that I had been given in the 60's when I was doing figure studies in pastels. The pastels still worked and I was excited using them.

I had originally thought that I would take the class just to have a group to paint outside with and inspire myself to do it. There is something about paying money for a class that motivates you to show up, rather than just trying to do it on your own. I painted in the fall class and enjoyed it. The other students in the class encouraged me to do a pastel to get the most out of the class and the instructor who is very good. So here it is and I must say that I am pleased.

I will be going about tomorrow to do the next one, so hopefully this was not just beginners luck so to speak. Wish me luck.

No comments: