Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another drawing from this week


This is a drawing of a landmark in Nederland, Co. Snyder's Garage. It is in the downtown area on 1st street. I am doing a series of drawings and small watercolors for postcards and note cards for my daughter to sell in her Hair Salon, untain Rose Hair Care. I sent a batch out last week of
various small watercolors that I did over the years while visiting her and they have been very well received.
Nederland is at 8200 ft in the Rocky Mountains west of Boulder. It is a small mining town that is transforming into a communting area for Boulder. My daughter found it while visiting a friend in Colorado about ten years ago and fell in love. She moved there and now has her own business , the only hair salon for miles. This summer I hope to build a building for her salon and a studio for the summer months for me. It is another very interesting and time consuming project.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

A good hairdresser is worth her weight in gold.
My cousin lives in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia, a one horse town if there ever was one, and she makes a fine living in her Hair Salon over the past 20 years.
I came through Duane's blog. Your drawings are very accurate. I love a good pencil drawing.