Friday, January 25, 2008

Last try of the day

I did not like to stop today with the red petunia so prominent. So decided to work on the upper right corner and the red petunia to soften it a bit so that it will take it's place.

Tomorrow I will probably start early as I am very excited about painting the pink petunias. I now know pretty much what the shape of the petals are and the relative values. Although I still do not like the color.

I looked through my colors and found some new colors I order from New Holland. A brand of acrylics that I started using this summer and liked. I had been trying to fill out my palette when I discovered the Atelier Interactive. I did find in the rose that if I used the Titanium white with a color the paint kept many of the characteristics of the Interactive. Have not checked with the manufacturer if you can mix the brands, but so far so good.

Will post more tomorrow as I develop the pink petunias. It is so much fun.

No comments: