Friday, January 25, 2008

Continuation of first session


I am starting the pink petunias, and at this point I feel lost in the petunia bed. I also have not found the correct pink, but will continue with the palette that I have.
A shipment came from Dick Blick with a great started set of Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylics and medium. It is a great starter set if you want to try many of the colors and some of their mediums.
I have decided to use several palettes from this painting to keep the colors clean. I have three or four Masterson palettes, but prefer the smaller ones for individual colors and development of values. At this point, I have one set up for greens and another for the pinks.
This use of several palettes I learned from researching Georgia O'Keeffe who used a large glass palette with her oils, but only painting one color at a time and cleaned the palette and the brushes before painting the next color. My modern adaptation of this is to use the small Masterson palettes with different colors in each one. I do clean my brushes often.

No comments: